Monday 21 January 2013

If you see a crocodile....

 ....don't forget to scream!!!

 Ha ha! I found this great piece of wood a while back and though it was perfect for a croc's nose - the nostril and eye are in just the right place! I found a rusty old saw blade in the shed and used them for the bottom teeth, and added a few nails for the top ones. Say cheese!

Ye Olde Water Mill

I was given a couple of old model railway wheels, so I thought I would make a water wheel. The base part has some lovely touches of turquoise paint suggesting water.

 Safe Passage

The piece of wood above was a bit special. I knew I wanted to use it as a wave, but as it dried out, it separated to form fingers and a thumb! A helping hand!

Reflections
This is only a small piece, but the driftwood I have used as the water was too beautiful not to utilise! I made a few houses to match the reflections and also added a street light.



In all my days "wrecking" on our beaches, I have normally turned my nose up at plywood! But no more!
I have started painting it to add as a backdrop to some pieces - and I am liking the extra colour!


Believe it or not, I am still getting orders for snowy, Christmassy scenes!
Brrrrrrr! I hope you are keeping warm. Stay safe! xxx

18 comments:

  1. Love the croc!!! You have such a way with wood, you see things that others do not, talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such talent! Love the croc! x Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the plywood, good to use painted as a backdrop.

    I really like the 'ye olde water mill' piece, with the unpainted walls, it has a warmth and charm to it.

    Beautiful work, as always,

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last one with the red post box it will just match my "his and hers bikes) Lucey x PS I'll e mail you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gentle crocodile smile! warm geetings from grey, cold and wwet Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your work - it is absolutely wonderful!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such cool work you amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great piece and title (safe passage) LOVE the organic evolution of creativity (through drying)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, comment was removed but i just wanted to say: i love the fact that you look at a piece of wood and see what nobody else saw, until you show it to us..

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pieces are all amazing. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Safe Passage" is not just beautiful - it is really art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work - I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your work! :)
    Would love to visit a workshop, just for fun :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. really interesting work, love it !!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love your wood pieces. since I live at the beach I remember scavenging for pieces to make artwork. Thanks for the insperation.

    mz. em

    ReplyDelete